Thursday 11 April 2013

Turning 21

On Tuesday I turned 21! Yay. 
Essentially, until the actual day this was my general feeling about the whole event:
I was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing. I'm still stuck in dissertation hell, I wasn't going to be with my family, at least half of my friendship group isn't back yet... but it was amazing!

First of all, my mum and my sister arrived on my doorstep at 2pm! I had literally no idea that they were going to come, and it made the day really special. My mum bought me a beautiful Claddagh ring, continuing the traditional of every woman in my family having one. 

Secondly, I know birthdays aren't all about presents, but I was spoilt rotten and I still feel absolutely overwhelmed and touched to have amazing friends and family. I got quite the haul:
Yes, I've finally joined the Cleanse and Polish club! Exciting!


I'd like to extend special thanks to one of my bestest friends Ria, (click her name to go to her blog, yo'), whose were the first presents I got to open and to make me cry with happiness. 

It's wonderful to have days that remind you how truly blessed you are, and I'm so thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment