Friday 8 February 2013

YSL Forever Youth Liberator Eye Cream - Review

I was very apprehensive to try eye cream. Firstly, my skin is known to react to anything even slightly different than its normal routine and the notion of a reaction that close to my eyes was a bit scary and secondly I really did not want to accept getting old. But I'm twenty and I have the beginning of crows feet and my dissertation seems to have given me permanent puffy eyes. My eyes were in desperate need of help.

I also seriously needed to get over my misconceptions about eye creams (I also had a similar misconception about night treatments...). Your eyes are one of the most important parts of your face - revealing thoughts and emotions. If your eyes look tired and weary, that's what people are going to think of you.
The old and extremely wrinkled are not the only people to get the most out of eye creams. They're not just useful for their anti-ageing properties (although that is a lovely perk) but also have a number of uses such as treating dark circles, puffiness and bags. While concealer can go some of the way in masking these imperfections, the right eye cream can reduce them to a non-issue.


As one of my lovely Christmas presents from one of my big sisters, I got a YSL gift set. The set included a full size mascara, a tester of Top Secrets eye make-up remover and a tester bottle of Forever Youth Liberator Eye Cream. The tester bottle was teeny tiny, but a little really does go a long way with this product.

(I know - crazy chipped nails! I only painted them yesterday, pah.)


The directions say to use this morning and evening, although I have mostly been applying it in the mornings. I have a terrible problem of not being bothered once it gets past 8 o'clock in the evening and I just forget to put it on. But even though I have only been using it approximately to 50% of it's maximum potential the results have been wonderful!


It glides on and smooths into my skin, drying quickly. The skin feels plump and smooth, and my eyes more awake instantly. It's allowed my tired, stressed third-year eyes to return to get some oompf back.  


Now I just have to sell out £43.00 for a full-size one.


See the cream for yourself here


What eye cream do you swear by?

No comments:

Post a Comment