Saturday 16 February 2013

Liquid Lives

When I was 14 I was diagnosed with IBS - Incredibly young for that diagnosis. Over the years they also have thought that I've had a intolerance to pretty much every kind of food. My stomach is almost constantly in pain. I've tried literally everything to reduce the amount of pain I go through but so far... nothing's really worked long-term. And this is just another experiment!

Smoothies!

I've decided to make home-made smoothies a part of my everyday life. First of all, I don't eat enough fruit at all really (just a banana in the mornings... sometimes) and that can't be helping my nutrition in any way. Or my skin. Or general health. Secondly, I wanted to buy this cup and needed an excuse. Thirdly, and I guess most importantly, I've heard success stories from others in similar situations. 

I started this little project on the 8th February - so it's been running for a week now! Although I didn't have smoothies over the weekend because I was feeling too poorly to make them. Here's my (almost) week in smoothies. I had the same smoothies for some of the days, so these are the three different ones I've had).

(L-R: Banana, Raspberry and Blueberry; Frozen Blueberry and Raspberry and;  Melon, Watermelon and Kiwi)
I can honestly say it's doing me the world of good. Already. I'm less bloated, feeling more fulfilled and energetic and I have reduced stomach pain. Unfortunately, I think I'm going through a little bit of a skin purge, but y'know, toxins and that. I'm going to keep at it! My aim is to keep going until I've done it for 50 days and then who knows, maybe they'll become part of my life long-term. I must say, I'm looking forward to trying the infamous Green Monster this week!

You can follow my progress day-to-day with #thesmoothieproject tag on Instagram!

Do you drink smoothies? What's your favourite recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment