Saturday 9 February 2013

(Late) January Bookaholic Round-Up

2013 entered and what did I do? I panicked. It was 2013. The year my dissertation is due in. The year I graduate. The year I have to enter the real world. I turn TWENTY-ONE this year. That means I can DRINK in AMERICA. I have no plans to go to America, but that is beside the point. 2013 is a big year for me.
So how did I deal with my stress, woes, anxiety and excitement? I removed myself from the real world and read... like a crazy reading thing. 

What did I read?
  • Matched - Ally Condie
  • Only the Good Spy Young (GG #4) - Ally Carter
  • Feed - Mira Grant
  • The Night Circus - Eric Morgenstern
  • Sister - Rosamund Lupton
  • I am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • Looking for Alaska - John Green
  • Struck by Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal - Chris Colfer
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (GG #5) - Ally Carter
  • Pretty Little Liars (PLL #1) - Sara Shepard
  • Flawless (PLL #2) - Sara Shepard
  • Perfect (PLL #3) - Sara Shepard
  • Unbelievable (PLL #4) - Sara Shepard
  • Wicked (PLL #5) - Sara Shepard
At least I got a good start on my goodreads 2013 reading challenge (which is 150 books, btw). The stand out book for me has to be Looking for Alaska. I was a bit late to the whole Nerdfighters thing so a lot of people have already read this but this really is a beautifully written book that carries you along with every single word. Additionally, Sister by Rosamund Lupton is a really intense experience. I don't normally pick up thriller/crime books but this had really good reviews and I spotted it in the library. It was very very good - but don't try reading her other work (awful, just saying). 

Add me on Goodreads here

No comments:

Post a Comment